Tuesday, June 05, 2007

HIKING



To change things up a little and provide some contrast to my blog I'll post occasional shots of some of the hikes I go on. I'll try to incorporate pictures with plant material to keep with the theme of the blog. I hope you all well enjoy.

These shots were taken last Saturday on a hike in Central Washington on the east side of the Cascade Mountains. There were amazing rock formations on the sides of the canyon and lots of wildlife. Unfortunately we got there towards the end of peek wildflower season, but still seeing wild penstemon, geraniums, rice flower, alliums, and many asteraceae family members. Usually I hike in Western Washington which is much greenery, but this was a really nice change. I'll definitely go back, but earlier in Spring, so I can see more wildflowers in their prime.

No comments: