Monday, November 12, 2007

IN THEIR PRIME








In a final installment of the series "When Autumn leaves Fall" I've selected several photographs of trees in the neighborhood. These shots were taken 2 weeks ago at the peek of their colour. Since then, they have succumb to our Northwest rain and wind storms. Now, after serving their purpose, they litter the ground, fill gutters and storm drains, and hopefully compost piles returning to the dirt to nurture the trees they came from.
I feel very lucky to have captured them in their prime and truly enjoy sharing them with you.
All the best of Autumn to you all, Bob

9 comments:

Shady Gardener said...

They've made for some beautiful piles of leaves! And much anticipated "black gold!" ;-)

Thanks for sharing your photos. I can't believe we'll have much wonderful fall weather left... but we can surely enjoy it while we have it!

You'll soon be enjoying a Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Such glory just before the fall! You captured the color at its' peak!

LostRoses said...

There should be a prize for the best fall foliage photos. I'd say you win, those are fabulous! I hear you got some wicked winds last night so it's a good thing you got the chance to take these photos in their prime.

Shady Gardener said...

Long ago you gave me some advice about how to care for bare-root perennials ordered through catalogs. I've never had good luck in getting them to grow.

I can't find that earlier post. Could you help me again? I'm collecting your helpful comments!

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

And a very nice autumn to you too Bob! And I'm glad you captured the beauty of all those gorgeous autumn leaves just in time.

Shady Gardener said...

Back again! You've been memed. Check out my site.

Laurie and Chris said...

Great pictures the colors are so bright and pretty. We got snow so the leaves are mostly gone now.

KC MO Garden Guy said...

Great pictures Bob!! The leaves here are gone and all that is left is the raking. We didn't have that great of color this fall. Might have been the dry summer.

lisa said...

Nice pictures! Funny how you can see the same season every year, but never get tired of it...I sure don't.